In the present digital world, e-commerce has become an indispensable aspect of selling and purchasing. E-commerce refers to the buying or selling of products via. an online platform. Every business that is into product selling requires a robust, user-friendly, and well-designed platform such as Amazon, eBay, or Flipkart. It is essential to develop an e-commerce platform according to the convenience of customers. In 2021, retail e-commerce sales globally were estimated to be USD 4.9 trillion. According to a forecast on e-commerce growth, e-commerce will make up 24.5% of all retail sales globally by 2025.
With the increasing competition in the e-commerce space, it is not easy to compete with existing businesses and cement a position in the market quickly.
Here are the five best practices for e-commerce design and mobile development.
Avoid cluttered designs
- When it comes to e-commerce, less is more. E-commerce websites that have simple and clutter-free designs & custom solutions tend to have higher conversion rates.
- When a visitor visits an e-commerce website, the first thing that he/she must be able to clearly see is the Call-to-Action (CTA) button or the products that you are offering.
- Too much clutter on the e-commerce platform makes it difficult to attract the attention of the customers towards the products or the CTA button.
- Only 47% of websites have a clear CTA button that only takes the users 3 seconds or less to see.
- When designing and developing e-commerce websites, it is important to keep in mind that visitors should not be distracted by clutter.
- Having a cluttered e-commerce website can result in a lot of confusion and be overwhelming for visitors.
Simple checkout process
- Once a visitor has decided to make a purchase, the checkout process must be easy, convenient, and hassle-free.
- The checkout process must have minimum steps.
- If the checkout process is tedious and time-consuming, it may result in a higher cart abandonment rate.
- A statistic says that if the checkout takes longer than 30 seconds, nearly 50% of customers will abandon their cart.
- Every additional step in the checkout process will increase the chances of abandonment.
- A good checkout process is one that asks only for the essential details from the buyer.
Product display and description
- It is important for mobile development companies to focus on perfecting the functionality of the mobile app.
- It is crucial to include only relevant functionalities that will help the users’ complete tasks more easily.
- Including irrelevant functionalities would result in a higher app abandonment rate and slower loading speed.
- Including only mobile-relevant functionalities will encourage more downloads as well.
Multiple payment options
- Be it any industry, personalization is the need of the hour.
- Personalizing the UX by displaying user content wherever applicable in the mobile app is essential.
- The more aligned the mobile app is to the user’s preference, the more likely it is for them to use the app.
- For example, including a welcome message for the user with his/her name displayed on the screen is a great way to personalize the UX.
- In a minimalist design, white space, or negative space, serves as an effective means of highlighting the key elements.
- More the white space surrounding an element, the more it will be highlighted and appear to be important to the user.
- White space plays an indispensable role in creating a hierarchy and contrast for the core elements of the mobile app.
- The white space improves readability and usability. It also helps to divide and structure elements in the mobile app perfectly.
Do you have an e-commerce web development or website redesigning project in mind? Contact Nettbyte Technologies today to get a quote & a simple and impactful e-commerce platform where you can sell your products to different customers across the globe.